Why Choose Our Turangi & Taupo Fly Fishing Guides
We genuinely care about every single client. It’s that simple. We know for many your time and money is limited, and this might be the only chance you get with a fly fishing guide to experience our famous Rainbow and Brown trout in the Taupo region or anywhere in New Zealand. We take each individual client personally and very seriously – this could be on your bucket list.
We want you to have an amazing experience with our fishing guides. We can’t control the weather, but we have an arsenal of skills, experience and gear to do everything possible to help you achieve your fishing goals or dreams. Have a look at what clients from around the world have said about our guides and the overall experience of fishing with us.
The New Zealand Flyfishing Company offers more because of a number of key points:
- We have gathered over 80 years of worldwide fly fishing experience from locations including New Zealand’s North and South Islands, Australia, Tasmania, Alaska, USA, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and France.
- We use many innovative fly fishing techniques taken from other countries and the international competition circuit that are seldom used by other local fly fishing guides in Taupo or Turangi. We are happy to teach you if needed.
- We cover a huge array of waters and locations to catch rainbow and brown trout.
- Our guides are skilled photographers and will capture that once in a lifetime trout in great photos.
- We tie many of our own innovative flies that can give you the edge if the going gets tough.
- We have all the modern equipment for you in all sizes, including quality fly fishing gear.
- Our fly fishing guides are based in Turangi and Taupo which is the heart of trout fishing in New Zealand.
- Your total enjoyment of the New Zealand fly fishing experience is our goal. We are 100% committed.
- We are small enough to care. You are not another sales figure, you are an individual client who has chosen to trust us. We fully appreciate that and are grateful for the opportunity to guide you.
Having been in the industry for years and having fly fished in many beautiful places in the world we have come to acknowledge what is required from the more discerning fly fishermen and women throughout the world to make every day as memorable as possible from the fishing right through to smaller details. Conversely we’ve taught loads of beginners and family groups to cast a fly for the first time, and helped them catch their first ever trout.
We want you to enjoy every aspect of the day’s fishing – that’s our job!
If you’re having a bad day casting, getting knots, missing strikes etc you won’t ever feel intimidated, we’re gonna smile with you and get you going again, there’s always another chance round the corner.
We will take care that your lunch breaks and tea breaks are a relaxed and enjoyable aspect of the day, we won’t be pacing the bank to rush your break and enjoyment of the moment.
We have, as you can see from our fishing gallery, a huge array of waters that will give some of the most varied opportunities possible fly fishing in New Zealand. You can learn more about all the different types of waters we fish across the central North Island of NZ in our Taupo fishing guide.
We will put a package together that not only suits your wishes but also will take into account your skill levels. If you only have one day in the region, we can give you an amazing experience trout fishing from Turangi or Taupo. You can also use our helpful resources including our guide for planning your fly fishing Taupo adventure.
Many of our clients have become great friends over the years and return year after year for more.
We would like you to join us here in NZ and have trip you will remember with a smile forever !!!
Contact us for more information or to discuss options.
We can customise any Taupo or lower South Island trout fishing trip or wilderness backcountry adventure according to your personal preferences and experience. The New Zealand Fly Fishing Company provide all the gear, food and drink, and collect and return you to your accommodation.