Why fly fish Taupo, Turangi and the backcountry with us?
We genuinely care about every single client. It’s that simple. We know your time and money is limited, and this might be the only time you get to fish for our famous trout in Taupo or New Zealand. We take each individual client personally and very seriously – this could be on your bucket list.
We want you to have an amazing experience with us. We can’t control the weather, but we have an arsenal of skills, experience and gear to do everything possible to help you achieve your fishing goals or dreams.
The New Zealand Flyfishing Company offers more because of a number of key points:
- We have gathered over 80 years of worldwide fly fishing experience from locations including New Zealand’s North and South Islands, Australia, Tasmania, Alaska, USA, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and France.
- We use many innovative fly fishing techniques taken from other countries and the international competition circuit that are seldom used by other local guides in Taupo or Turangi. We are happy to teach you if needed.
- We cover a huge array of waters and locations to catch rainbow and brown trout.
- Our guides are skilled photographers and will capture that once in a lifetime trout in great photos.
- We tie many of our own innovative flies that can give you the edge if the going gets tough.
- We have all the modern equipment for you in all sizes, including quality LOOP fly fishing gear.
- We are based in Taupo & Turangi which is the heart of fly fishing in New Zealand.
- Your total enjoyment of the New Zealand fly fishing experience is our goal. We are 100% committed.
- We are small enough to care. You are not another sales figure, you are an individual client who has chosen to trust us. We fully appreciate that.
Having been in the industry for years and having fly fished in many beautiful places in the world we have come to acknowledge what is required from the more discerning fly fishermen and women throughout the world to make every day as memorable as possible from the fishing right through to smaller details.
We want you to enjoy every aspect of the day’s fishing – that’s our job!
If you’re having a bad day casting, getting knots, missing strikes etc you won’t ever feel intimidated, we’re gonna smile with you and get you going again, there’s always another chance round the corner.
We will take care that your lunch breaks and tea breaks are a relaxed and enjoyable aspect of the day, we won’t be pacing the bank to rush your break and enjoyment of the moment.
We have, as you can see from our gallery, a huge array of waters that will give some of the most varied opportunities possible in New Zealand.
We will put a package together that not only suits your wishes but also will take into account your skill levels.
Many of our clients have become great friends over the years and return year after year for more.
We would like you to join us here in NZ and have trip you will remember with a smile forever !!!
Contact us for more information or to discuss options.